There’s nothing quite like touching down at Indian Airport, particularly if you’re flying to Indian Airport with a spectacularly scenic approach.
Too often, travelers hurry through the journey to their destination, look through their aircraft windows, and be awestruck by the joy of flying.
But which Indian airport offers the most picturesque landing view of them all?
What are India’s most beautiful airport landings that offer mesmerizing views?
India has many beautiful airports that offer stunning views of the surrounding landscapes. Here are some of the most scenic airports in India:
- Leh Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport: (IATA: IXL, ICAO: VILH) Located in the Himalayas, this airport offers panoramic views of snow-capped mountains and the beautiful Leh Valley, Ladakh, India.
The airport is surrounded by brown mountains in the Great Himalayan range is a majestic spectacle with stunning escapes all around.
It is the 22nd-highest commercial airport in the world at 3,256 m above mean sea level. The airport is named after 19th Kushok Bakula Rinpoche, an Indian statesman and monk.
Regular flights operate from Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport to Delhi, Mumbai, J&K, Srinagar, and Chandigarh.
- Kullu Manali Airport: This airport is nestled in the scenic Kullu Valley and provides breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and lush green forests.
- Cochin International Airport: This airport is known for its unique design, which incorporates traditional Kerala architecture and offers views of the picturesque backwaters of Kerala.
- Lengpui Airport, Mizoram:
Nestled in the lush green mountains in Northeast India, Lengpui Airport (IATA: AJL, ICAO: VELP) is a domestic airport that connects the northeast with the rest of India.
The panoramic view of Lengpui Airport will greet you with open arms as you ready yourself to step out of your airplane.
Daily flights from Guwahati and Kolkata to Lengpui in Aizawl, whereas flights to Imphal operate a week thrice.
The scenic airport is also notable because of its wonderful location at 2500 meters above sea level.
Several hilly streams run underneath the airport, making this one really special.
- Srinagar International Airport: (IATA: SXR, ICAO: VISR) Located in the Kashmir Valley, this airport offers views of the stunning Dal Lake and the majestic Himalayan mountains.
Overlooking the spectacular surroundings in Srinagar is the Srinagar International Airport, also known as Sheikh ul-Alam Airport, a military airbase serving Srinagar, the summer capital of the state of Jammu and Kashmir, India.
The beautiful airport is located in the lush green environs and is overlooked by the Great Himalayan mountains.
Regular flights operate from Srinagar Airport to North India, Delhi, Mumbai, and South Indian Airports like Bangalore.
- Goa International Airport: This airport is located on the coast and offers stunning views of the Arabian Sea and the beautiful beaches of Goa.
- Bagdogra Airport: This airport is located in the foothills of the Himalayas and offers views of the stunning tea gardens of Darjeeling and the snow-capped mountains in the distance.
- Chandigarh International Airport: This airport is surrounded by the lush greenery of the Shivalik Hills and offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- Jaipur International Airport: This airport is designed to resemble a palace and offers views of the beautiful Pink City of Jaipur.
These are just a few of the many scenic airports in India that offer breathtaking views of the country’s diverse landscapes.
Shimla Airport, Shimla
Shimla Airport (IATA: SLV, ICAO: VISM) is Located in Himachal Pradesh. The airport is perched atop 5000 meters and offers mesmerizing views of the Himalayas. Planes to most of the Indian cities operate from here.
Gaggal Airport, Kangra
With Dharmshala and Kangra in close proximity, Kangra airport (IATA: DHM, ICAO: VIGG) is quite easy to reach. If you plan a trip to the Great Himalayas, this airport can be handy.
The airport is operated by Indian Air Force and is connected to the national capital.